- Meeting called to order by President Sam NV1P at 8:07pm
- Special raffle held by Toy K1WYQ before start of the meeting
- New members: none
- V.P.: no report
- Trustee: no report
- Upgrades: none
- Old Business: none
- Secretary’s Report: Field day press release and pictures are enroute to both the ARRL and the press.
- Paul WB2JVB said that during a recent CERT/ARES net, there was an exercise with several hams going to varied locations (shelters, EOC’s) in Stamford, Norwalk, Wilton and Fairfield, and passed traffic BY HT’S ONLY.
- Paul and Charles N1LLL suggested an exercise simulating a total loss of the repeater system.
- Toy is helping to plan the annual GNARC picnic, and we should pick a date that works mutually for the majority.
- A show of hands was asked for, whether to have the picnic on either Thursday August 7th, or Friday the 8th , to be held at Cranbury Park, OR Paul’s house. 9 voted for Thursday, 1 for Friday. Cranbury Park was given as an option, so the park could also be assessed for its potential usefulness for next years Field Day.
- Jess ND1L inquired about whether whoever is doing repeater improvements is being compensated or not.
- Steve K1RF asked the treasury to produce actual figures for next meeting.
- Announcement was made that John N1OLO is planning a Sheffield Island Lighthouse DXepidition for August 16-18. He’s looking for anyone interested. It was also mentioned that this DXepidition is NOT GNARC sanctioned, but anyone can participate. Sam will talk to N1OLO about any new info.
- Sam announced that Vladamir (from “Mini Makers”) set up a tent at Field Day. He’ll be holding classes for those interested, and details will be put on the reflector.
- Charles & Jess had an Echolink/IRLP discussion concerning the 440 repeater.
- There was a post FD discussion.
- Toy proposed buying a grill and utilizing a 2nd tent at FD for people to congregate away from the sun. Toy will get prices. Tim W1GIG motioned (& seconded) to allow Toy to price and buy a grill and tent.
- Charles motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Rachel KB1VWJ at 9:40pm.
Martin KA1WBN Diamond
GNARC Sec’y & PIO