March 2014 Meeting Minutes
- Meeting was called to order by President Sam NV1P at 8:10pm.
- Secretary’s report: President Sam asked for a motion to accept February’s minutes. Motion made by Jess ND1L, seconded by Dan N1ZZ.
- Treasurer’s report: none
- Old business: none
- New business: none
- Public service: Paul N1II repeated last month’s announcement about the May 17th Tree Festival, to be held at Gallagher’s Estate in Norwalk. Paul said one person has responded. After several in attendance suggested they would participate, Paul said he’ll resend the email, and asked members to actually respond so he can report back to officials.
- Marty KA1WBN made another announcement about the “special event” at the American Legion, the Saturday before FD. He said he put it on the Reflector, but no one showed interest. Marty will notify the Legion that, unfortunately, GNARC will not be able to participate.
- Guests: Andrew Kobetitsch KC1BIA
Robert Talley KB1WFW
- Steven Dick K1RF gave a presentation on “Loudspeaker Design Considerations for Amateur Radio”, after which Steve entertained Q & A.
- President Sam asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Dee N1ZD made the motion, seconded by Gus W1BV.