November 2014 Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 7:41 pm.
There were many new faces in attendance so we went around the room and introduced ourselves.
- Toy reminded us all about the holiday party coming up on the 12th of December at the Laurel Athletic Club in Norwalk, from 6:30 until 10:30. Tickets are $30 for a single ticket and $55 for a couple. More info on gnarc.org.
- For the next six months, the 440 repeater will be going digital using the DMR protocol. The Echo/IRLP node is in the process of being moved to the 2M repeater for the duration of this test. This was voted on and passed by twenty votes for and none against. For more information on DMR, check out dmr-marc.net!
- We have a new member, Chuck, K1CWT.
- ARES SET was successfully run by Paul Lourd, WB2JVB, on November 8th. A press release has been sent to ARRL. An article also appeared in the Wilton Bulletin. We checked into the HF net and there were a good number of check-ins.
- Finances for the club are good, no major expenditures.
- Steve, K1RF, is giving a talk on software defined radio at the Rolnick Observatory in Westport on December 4th. All are welcome!
- We are in desperate need for people to volunteer at the Communications Center to make it look presentable, neat, clean and otherwise put together. By now you should have gotten an email from Charles with a link to a sign-up sheet. Please come on down! We can use all able-bodied people to give us a hand.
- The nominating committee this year will be chaired by Toy (K1WYQ), with the other members being Tim (W1GIG) and Don (KA1TZR).
Business portion of meeting adjourned at 8:34.