Monthly Members Meeting
July 14, 2021 – Meeting Minutes
Attending: Officer members –Jon Perelstein AI1V, President; Paul LaVorgna W1PPL, Treasurer; Peter Healy KC1GBZ, Vice President; Tom Gunther W1TEG, Secretary. Other members in attendance included: Dee-N1ZD, Jonathan AB1HI, Jonathan K1RFD, David W1DPW, Jim KC1FB, Hugo AA1XV, Steve N1CF, Steve K1RF; Marty KA1WBN; William; Don.
Minutes: Meeting called to order at 7:30 PM by President Jon AI1V;
Order of Business
- Reminder Bloomin Metric is moved to Sept 19th Bloomin’ Metric (bloominmetric.com) Members will be needed to support this event.
- The GNARC picnic at Lyz Richards is scheduled for SUNDAY August 29th. Save the date.
- Tower/Trailer – has been scrapped
- Field Day was a success with 6054 points recorded.
- VE Session is Saturday 7/31 at SoNO mall – Readiness Collective at 1:00 pm
- Jon is preparing to offer a Tech License class in the spring and a GENERAL class in September.
- FD Outreach – no response as yet but will be followed up.
- Future meetings at Shop Rite? Zig N1ICL is the contact to follow up with. Also the Coast Guard Aux building at Calf Pasture Beech is also available as an alternative.
- Meeting Presentations – Jonathan K1RFD “What’s New in EchoLink” to discuss Internet Connectivity – EchoLink updates. Jonathan is the creator of Echo Link. Latest version is V2.3 for PCs; V2.16 for IOS devices. See www.echolink.org for more info.
- Treasurer’s Report –– $16K+ remains in our accounts with little or no spend occurring other than for Field Day. Once all invoices are processed an updated report will follow. The club finances remain strong.
- Activities – Discussed a summer show & tell focused on “mobile radios”. More discussion to follow.
Next meeting will be August 29th … at the GNARC Picnic. Stay tuned for details to follow.
Meeting adjourned 8:25 PM